- Follow s.v. BLUE HEELER on WordPress.com
Looking for something?
- My Tweets
- I’m dreaming of a white…?
- Hiya from Holyhead, North Wales
- Thanks for the craic Dublin!
- Northern Island
- Wild Atlantic Coast – Northwest Ireland
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Coast: Road trip
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Coast: Baltimore to Galway
- Nth Atlantic – Azores to Ireland, Arrival 10 July 2017
- Nth Atlantic – Azores to Ireland, 8 July 2017
Category Archives: 2017
…a white beach actually! But it looks like we could have a white Christmas! As a final post for the year, I thought I’d look back on this year’s voyages and below are some of my favourite pics from 2017. … Continue reading
A break in the weather, blue sky and favourable winds, was all we needed to depart Holyhead. Ahead of us was a chilly two day sail south through the Irish Sea so we made sure we had our winter woollies … Continue reading
As we sail around the world, home is wherever we drop our anchor. Along the way we, like sailors of old, tend to pick up little bits of the local vernacular; in the Caribbean, it’s customary to greet with a … Continue reading
The sailing distance from Belfast to Dublin is around 105nm. With a light south-westerly breeze, we decided to make the most of the calmer weather and sail directly to Dublin. A strong southerly wind was forecast the following afternoon so … Continue reading