- Follow s.v. BLUE HEELER on WordPress.com
Looking for something?
- My Tweets
- I’m dreaming of a white…?
- Hiya from Holyhead, North Wales
- Thanks for the craic Dublin!
- Northern Island
- Wild Atlantic Coast – Northwest Ireland
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Coast: Road trip
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Coast: Baltimore to Galway
- Nth Atlantic – Azores to Ireland, Arrival 10 July 2017
- Nth Atlantic – Azores to Ireland, 8 July 2017
Tag Archives: 1. Cuba
Leaving Cabo Cruz at 11.30pm allowed us to get a good start on our 110nm easterly trip to Santiago de Cuba. There were few lights on shore in the wee hours and we could see the cliffs and white beaches … Continue reading
Leaving Cienfuegos on Cuba’s south coast to reach Cabo Cruz 200nm farther south was never going to be an easy sail. It had crossed our mind to do it overnight in anticipation of eased winds. Whether the mountains caused stronger … Continue reading
Back on the mainland at Cienfuegos. Our Navionics charts are correct and we had no trouble motoring the last few miles in the dark to anchor near to the Marina Cienfuegos on Punta Gorda by 11pm. We anchored nearby Sweet … Continue reading
Cayo Largo is a tourist location on the south side of Cuba offering punters catamarans to charter, diving and day trips to the cays. Due to a continuous army of winter cold fronts from the northwest we were trapped there … Continue reading