- Follow s.v. BLUE HEELER on WordPress.com
Looking for something?
- My Tweets
- I’m dreaming of a white…?
- Hiya from Holyhead, North Wales
- Thanks for the craic Dublin!
- Northern Island
- Wild Atlantic Coast – Northwest Ireland
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Coast: Road trip
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Coast: Baltimore to Galway
- Nth Atlantic – Azores to Ireland, Arrival 10 July 2017
- Nth Atlantic – Azores to Ireland, 8 July 2017
Tag Archives: Algulhas
There is a mistaken belief by landlubbers that sailing on the ocean is scary. This may be true. But what really puts the wind up me is coastal sailing near rocks (hull + rocks = sinking). To raise my anxiety all it … Continue reading
Well here we are in Richards Bay, finally! We arrived a couple of days ago and rather than spend my time typing to tell you all about the last day of our voyage, I’ve been indulging in steaming hot showers, … Continue reading
**Satphone update** DAY 13: MONDAY 10th November 2014 While my big sister celebrates yet another 21st birthday on the west coast of Australia (happy birthday Di!), we’re on anchor at Inhaca Island near Maputo, Mozambique. Our anemometer indicated up to … Continue reading
**Satphone update** DAY 11: SATURDAY 8th November 2014 Day 11 was a successful sailing day. Not only did we manage to catch a few decent winks hove-to the night before, a ESE breeze of around 15/20knots allowed us to sail … Continue reading
**Satphone update** DAY 9: THURSDAY 6th November 2014 Sailing into 20/25 knots making headway of around 4-5 knots with storm jib and trysail firmly in place, Blue Heeler lurched and bashed its way west through the pounding seas. We can’t … Continue reading