- Follow s.v. BLUE HEELER on WordPress.com
Looking for something?
- My Tweets
- I’m dreaming of a white…?
- Hiya from Holyhead, North Wales
- Thanks for the craic Dublin!
- Northern Island
- Wild Atlantic Coast – Northwest Ireland
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Coast: Road trip
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Coast: Baltimore to Galway
- Nth Atlantic – Azores to Ireland, Arrival 10 July 2017
- Nth Atlantic – Azores to Ireland, 8 July 2017
Tag Archives: Atlantic
Some people say we are bold (or crazy) to sail across oceans. However, coastal sailing is a different challenge. There are strong currents and tides to consider, weather from the wrong direction, deadlines to reach anchorages before nightfall, and most … Continue reading
Last Thursday we had no wind, but that didn’t stop us motoring 20nm to the small marina at Velas, at the island of São Jorge. After saying goodbye to Coruisk, Inishnee, Inish and others who we’d meet at Horta, we … Continue reading
Arrival at Bermuda: Thursday 21 May 2015 Trip: 7 nights, 900+nm Now over 30 degrees north the climate is noticeably cooler, but not cold. The days are sunny and clear much like a spring day ought to be, and the … Continue reading
Day 5: Monday 18 May 2015 DTG: 413nm ETA: 21-22 May 2015 The morning of our fifth day had Blue Heeler more than 100nm west of our original rhumb line. This deviation however equated to only an additional 30nm of … Continue reading