- Follow s.v. BLUE HEELER on WordPress.com
Looking for something?
- My Tweets
- I’m dreaming of a white…?
- Hiya from Holyhead, North Wales
- Thanks for the craic Dublin!
- Northern Island
- Wild Atlantic Coast – Northwest Ireland
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Coast: Road trip
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Coast: Baltimore to Galway
- Nth Atlantic – Azores to Ireland, Arrival 10 July 2017
- Nth Atlantic – Azores to Ireland, 8 July 2017
Tag Archives: Maldives
For my Uncle Ron Okay. So I obviously should have offered a bit more as we crossed the equator, with ‘Huey’ blowing wind from the south and not the west as we’d requested. Although we had a terrific run to … Continue reading
I know, ‘Gan with the wind’ is corny, but I thought it was better than ‘Here today, Gan tomorrow!’. As you may recall, we were presented with a beautiful large coral trout from the locals at Vilufushi. Very timely given … Continue reading
Within the massive coral rings of the atolls you’ll find harbours, passages, bommies, ports and islands. The local Dhivehi names are falhu, kandu, giri, bandharu and fushi respectively. A falhu is a navigable lagoon surrounded by a coral bank. These … Continue reading
Male, the capital of the Maldives, has one third of the total population, with around 110,000. Male appears modern and every square inch of the island, including the broader reclaimed areas are heavily built on. So different from the rest … Continue reading