- Follow s.v. BLUE HEELER on WordPress.com
Looking for something?
- My Tweets
- I’m dreaming of a white…?
- Hiya from Holyhead, North Wales
- Thanks for the craic Dublin!
- Northern Island
- Wild Atlantic Coast – Northwest Ireland
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Coast: Road trip
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Coast: Baltimore to Galway
- Nth Atlantic – Azores to Ireland, Arrival 10 July 2017
- Nth Atlantic – Azores to Ireland, 8 July 2017
Tag Archives: New York
Since making the decision to travel the Great Loop we’ve had more to think about than, say, an ocean passage. Crossing an ocean requires pre-work on the boat to ensure it’s seaworthiness and taking time to understand the weather that … Continue reading
To end our busy first week in NYC, and get the most value from our expiring Metro ticket, we went further afield to the burroughs of Harlem and Brooklyn. Rather than take the subway from 79th to 135th, we decided … Continue reading
The sky remained overcast for the remainder of the passage. Seas were boisterous as the ocean depth decreased from 1000m to around 70m. Waves broke easily around us and Blue Heeler broached now and again, but all was fine in … Continue reading
Day 5: Wednesday 3rd June 2015 DTG: 190nm All day Blue Heeler was sailing close reached and carving through the beamy seas in 20+knot winds. It’s not entirely comfortable but with a positive current we’re making steady progress. The cloud is … Continue reading