- Follow s.v. BLUE HEELER on WordPress.com
Looking for something?
- My Tweets
- I’m dreaming of a white…?
- Hiya from Holyhead, North Wales
- Thanks for the craic Dublin!
- Northern Island
- Wild Atlantic Coast – Northwest Ireland
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Coast: Road trip
- Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Coast: Baltimore to Galway
- Nth Atlantic – Azores to Ireland, Arrival 10 July 2017
- Nth Atlantic – Azores to Ireland, 8 July 2017
Tag Archives: South Africa
The sail south from Simon’s Town, around the Cape of Good Hope then north to the Royal Cape Yacht Club (RCYC) in Cape Town was around 55nm. Magnificent coastline views of Table Mountain and the cape (see banner above). With … Continue reading
Yachties are granted a three month visa on arrival into South Africa. As we spent so long in Richard’s Bay getting things repaired, our stay in South Africa’s oldest and scenic town was limited to only a couple of weeks. But it was … Continue reading
Friends who sailed into Knysna some months ago said that we just had to stop here to experience this pleasant estuary town. Easier said than done though. Sailors must have calm conditions to pass through “The Heads” into the Knysna … Continue reading
Through this extraordinary sailing lifestyle, we learn more about our global community than ever before. There is so much to explore, to read about, to digest. South Africa is no exception. In South Africa, the 16th of December was a public holiday. The … Continue reading
“..I want a hippopotamus for Christmas Only a hippopotamus will do No crocodiles No rhinoceroses I only like hippopotamuses And hippopotamuses like me too..” Each time we arrive in a new country there’s a sequence of events that we follow … Continue reading